TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions:
For Production Companies using Managed Properties - Joburgfilm (PTY) Ltd Properties:
• Insurance –
All Production Companies are required to produce proof of insurance cover on the Broker or the Insurance Company’s letterhead – full public liability which covers breakages or damages on set as well as personal injury. Please note that should there be any damage to either location or its contents during the shoot, the Production Company / client will be held responsible.
Confirmation of a shoot serves to confirm that any damage will be repaired or replaced without question by the Company within a 14-day period of the shoot. Please note that any excess on your insurance policy is for your account – the location owner nor Joburgfilm shall be held responsible for any damage, loss, theft, injury or death sustained on the property whatsoever.
By booking a location with Joburgfilm the Company hereby indemnifies the home owners, Joburgfilm or any affiliates thereof and accepts full responsibility for any damages or loss to either location or its’ contents, or injury or death to any crew or guests during the period of an agreement.
• Times on Set –
Stills: normal shooting day for stills is 10 hours for a full day and 5 hours for a half day (8am to 1pm and 1pm to 6pm - other times to be negotiated) (calculated from first man on, last man off location).
Film: is a 12-hour shooting day, 6 hours for half a day (calculated from first man on, last man off location). A reasonable grace period will be allowed for packing up on a film shoot. However, should this be abused, overtime will be charged at 20% of the full fee per hour. Please make all clients aware of this clause.
• Personal on Set –
Stills: A “standard” stills shoot constitutes no more than 15 people on location. It does not include trucks, catering tables or more than 2 production vehicles. Prices will be quoted accordingly if the shoot is any larger than indicated above.
Film: shoots are quoted according to number of people of set, but is accepted that the “standard” is 50 for Television Commercials to 150 plus people for Feature Films.
• Dynamics of Shoots –
The dynamics of each and every shoot must be divulged to the Joburgfilm consultant. Anything out of the ordinary must be communicated so that we can ensure a smooth shoot with the location owner.
Dynamics such as two photographers on set, cooking on set, animals, moving of furniture, bringing furniture onto location, alcohol, painting, lingerie shoots, nudity or porn, etc MUST be divulged. “Double Shoots” or 2 photographers will incur extra charges.
Failure to communicate these dynamics with Joburgfilm will result in a transgression of rules fine at R1000 per transgression.
Stills: our price list covers standard stills shoots of no more than 15 people on location (in total, throughout the day), and no more than 2 production vehicles on location. It also only covers 1 photographer on location. These ‘standard’ shoots include catalogue and editorial shoots, stock library and Advertising (as long as they fall within the above stated dynamics).
Due to the dynamics involved in Car and Furniture shoots – the price for such shoots will move up one price point on the price list, as will any other shoot that does not fall within the prescribed dynamics above (up to a max of 25 pax on set).
Film: all dynamics of each shoot will be discussed per booking, however if we quote you over the phone for a hypothetical job, it is accepted that the dynamics for a shoot are standard: 40-50 people on set for Television Commercials and 150 plus for Feature Films, 30 vehicles including the standard production vehicles, as well as a dolly and tracks – but no extras such as special effects, cranes, cherry pickers, smoke machines, party scenes, night scenes, etc. These dynamics will be quoted for accordingly.
• Cancellation –
- Cancellation of confirmed bookings must provide for a minimum period of at least the length of the entire booking - eg a 2-day booking must be cancelled 48 hours in advance.
- Should a booking be cancelled with less than the prescribed notice, a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booking fee will be charged.
- If cancelled within 24 hours for a 1-day shoot, a 50% cancellation fee is automatically levied.
- If a confirmed booking is cancelled more than 24 hours before a shoot and other bookings were turned away due to this confirmed booking (as is often the case with popular locations), all effort will be made to re-book the location.
However, if this is unsuccessful, a 50% cancellation fee will be levied.
Please enquire when cancelling a confirmed booking as to whether a cancellation fee will be due.
- No-shows on set will result in a 100% cancellation fee being levied.
• Weather Bookings –
- Weather bookings are accepted. If you cancel due to bad weather, you are obliged to make use of the location on another day or for the equal period that it was booked. This option has to be taken up by the same client/ team that made the booking.
- If a confirmed booking is received for the same day(s) as your weather booking, you are obliged to upgrade to a firm booking, or release the booking.
- If you do not utilize the location on another day(s), 50% cancellation fee is payable. However, if we cannot provide you with another day(s), no cancellation fee is payable.
- Your option to use the location on another day has to be taken up during the duration of that job for that client/ team, within a maximum of a 21 day period. If you are a local client and require an extension on this period, please liaise with your Joburgfilm consultant in this regard.
- If you arrive on set, and later decide not to shoot due to weather, 100% cancellation is payable. Please remember that if you step onto set, you are agreeing to take the location for the day.
- Weather bookings/ cancellations must be called in at the weather call time agreed at the time you made the booking. It is imperative that you let Joburgfilm know if your team will not be going onto set. We will otherwise assume that you are shooting.
• Rules on Location –
If there are any additional rules pertinent to the location you’re shooting in, these would have been sent to you with the confirmation of booking. Please make sure you are aware of these rules, and respect them.
General rules on location include:
- No smoking on set
- No use of the locations crockery, cutlery, food, beverages, tea or coffee is permitted.
- Remove all rubbish off set on departure (no rubbish to be placed in location’s bins)
- Use of the location’s music system, TV or telephone not permitted
- Use of fireplace, swimming pool, kitchen facilities (cooking) all by prior arrangement only
- No sleeping in beds, use of linen, towels, models on beds or similar without prior approval
- Transgression of the rules will result in a fine being levied. As Above.
• Neighbours –
For shoots that spill over from the actual location onto public space (the street or other) - it is the responsibility of the Company to advise the neighbours a minimum of 48 hours before the shoot by letter drop. Letter must include all the dynamics of the shoot including call times, predicted wrap times, contact details, parking arrangements, etc. This letter drop has to have been done in order to apply to the JMPD for your permit to have vehicles in the street. Generators to be positioned as far away from neighbours as possible. Specific areas require additional care with regard to vehicles and the location of base camp.
• Joburgfilm photos of locations –
Some of the locations were styled for the photos on the website. Gardens may change over time and pieces of furniture are bought or sold. We therefore insist that before booking a shoot, the client and photographer view the location. Where possible, you will be advised of changes. However, Joburgfilm cannot be held responsible if the location does not look exactly like the photos on our database.
• Lighting –
Incandescent lighting plugged into the Location’s power for shoots will be charged at R150 per light per day, unless a generator is being used.
• Options –
- Options will only be accepted for a maximum of 4-day stretches when only 1 shooting day is required.
- When Amazing Spaces calls the production company with the request to either confirm or release an option; the time is recorded. If the shoot day is more than 24 hours away, then a reply must be received within 24 hours. If the shoot is less than 24 hours away, then a reply must be received within 2 hours. If no reply is received within this time period, the option will automatically lapse.
- Options must be either confirmed or released by 7pm the day before. If options are not confirmed or released by this time, the option will automatically lapse, unless the production company has specifically requested to hold onto the option for that day.
- No preference is given to either film or stills production companies with options. First come, first served. We always honor first options, no matter whether it is for a stills or film shoot.
• Overtime –
Please note that a 10 hour shooting day applies for a full day stills shoot, and 5 hours for a half day. Overtime beyond these hours is charged at 20% of the full day fee per hour, unless otherwise negotiated.
A 12 hour shooting day applies to film bookings for a full day, and 6 hours for a half day. 2 hours’ leeway will be granted for film shoots (an hour either side) for setting up and packing up – with a total of 14 hours on set (first man on, last man off).
Extended hours will be quoted for at 10% of the full fee per hour up to 16 hours from arrival on set, however these rates must be negotiated up front so that the location knows what to expect.
Should overtime accrue beyond 14 hours without being negotiated up front, then this will be charged at 15% of the full fee per hour. Overtime beyond 16 hours from call time will be charged at 30% of the full fee per hour.
• Transgression of Rules –
In the interests of retaining all of our locations for years to come, we respectfully request that you honor the basic rules of each location and respect the fact that in most instances, the locations are people’s homes.
If the rules pertaining to the location are broken in any way, a transgression of rule fine will be levied.
For stills shoots the fine is R1000 ex vat, and for film it is R1800 ex vat. Please note that if the transgression is non-disclosure of an additional photographer on set, glaring inaccuracy of number of people or vehicles on set (stills), the production company will pay the correct price point, plus the transgression fine.
• Contact –
Under no circumstances are the owners of the houses to be contacted directly by the production company or a production manager. Always contact your Joburgfilm booker, and our after hours number: 082 498 3622 is always on.
• Recce’s –
Please keep your appointments. Should a team not be able to make an appointment or be running late, PLEASE inform Joburgfilm.
• Respect –
Please remember the need to respect the fact that in most instances, these locations are peoples private homes or professorial places of employment.
• Leave it how you Found it –
The location must be returned to the condition in which, it was found before the last person leaves the location. The location must be thoroughly cleaned. We can arrange cleaners at your cost if necessary, please liaise with your Joburgfilm consultant in this regard. All furniture must be returned to its’ original position – we suggest that you take photographs of the location before you commence.
• Payment –
Payment is due 48 Hours before the day of the shoot, payable to Joburgfilm. Proof of payment to be provided to Joburgfilm, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or 082 4983622.
Joburgfilm (PTY) Ltd